EXCERPT page containing first few paragraphs. 2019-11-12 19:08:53
Panasonic S1R firmware version 1.0, Leica 90/2 APO firmware version 1.0.
I had shot this scene two ways: one series focused on the eye and the other on the leading edge of the rock, doing so because I knew that the focus instability problem would damage sharpness across the series; I thought that one series might be usable. In total, neither series was satisfactory for all apertures. Later, I decided to make lemonade out of two lemon series: for each aperture, I used focus stacking for the frames at the same aperture for each series, tedious but well worth the results—the series speaks for itself.
Article continues for subscribers...
fun88官网 L-Mount Mirrorless is by yearly subscription. Subscribe now
fun88官网 L-Mount Mirrorless offers comprehensive coverage of emerging L-mount lens mount mirrorless cameras and lenses (Leica, Panasonic and Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses). Available with fun88官网 Mirrorless as a bundle, or separately. (L-Mount = Leica, Panasonic and Sigma cameras and lenses using L-Mount).
- Choose the best camera and lenses for your needs, based on objective evaluation and comparisons.
- Make better images, a sort of “cheat sheet” saving yourself months or years of ad-hoc learning—best practices and how-to and processing parameters are discussed and shown.
- Camera image quality, ergonomics, operation settings and considerations.
- Jaw-dropping image quality found nowhere else utilizing Retina-grade images up to full camera resolution.
- Real world examples with insights found nowhere else. Capture superior images by understanding lens behavior discussed nowhere else.
- Aperture series from wide open through stopped down, showing the full range of lens performance and bokeh.
- Optical quality analysis of field curvature, focus shift, sharpness, flare, distortion, and performance in the field.
Click on any page below to see an excerpt. Or see by topic, for example Panasonic S1R.